4.06.2019

Lamination

I'm going to tackle croissants.
Tomorrow.
I made some before with the sourdough I have in the fridge (his name is George), and they worked ok, but not great. I wasn't happy with the rise. The lamination was wonderful, but the rise wasn't all there. Weak.
Great layers, though.
I believe very heavily in lamination.
My biscuits (I use Alton's recipe with a mod or 2) have always been folded, and Alton didn't fold until he reloaded his recipe for the new run. I made cinnamon rolls and laminated the dough. I try to fold most dough. I love milk bread because of the sheets of layers.
I like layers.
So croissants.
I figured I'd start with the King Arthur recipe and move from there if necessary.
Straight yeast this time, though. I want the bounce, the rise, the lift.
I can't skimp on the chill the dough steps, either.
Croissants will be a project, and I'm OK with that.
I'm still going to try to pack it into a day.
Maybe.
I can also just continue to let it all chill Monday, if necessary.
Yes, I'm aware they recommend days for croissants, but.
I have all the patience of a kid waiting for Christmas.
Still. Figure I'll get the dough set, get the butter plank set, maybe do a turn or 3 Sunday, then chill all day Monday, turn 2-5 more times (I like layers!), shape and bake on Monday night/Tuesday.
And I'll have all day Tuesday.
Tomorrow eve, dinner will be stir fry. Something simple. It'll practically cook itself.
I mark days off with laundry, dishes and cooking and I hate that I do that.

#blnir (blog like nobody is reading)


No comments: