4.25.2019

Things and stuff and activity and... and...

and...
I'm tired. It was a long day today. It was a long day yesterday, there are 2 more long days this week...and then I'm off work Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

But then, Wednesday...
Well, Wednesday, we're supposed to go the 'new site', so they don't have 800 people through 7 or 8 campaigns and lines of business over 2 sites. So 1 combined site.
Except it's not finished yet. They don't  even have the doors we're supposed to use knocked together, we're coming in through a loading dock.
I do not see this going well, but then I'm an optimistic pessimist. It will probably go balls up, but it may not.
I've discovered? Realized?
Realized some things about my fellow workers.
The company has us all separated into 'teams' and each 'team' has a 'supervisor'... The team I'm on? The supervisor and about 50% of the people on the team qualify as Mean Girls. Example: We have a short dude on the team. He's SHORT. I'm short and he's shorter than me. I would say he's probably about 5'0, or 4'11, something like. SHORT. He knows he's short, he has a bit of an anger issue about it? Gets twigged out for inconsequential stuff (Someone misspelled a word in a note to him! HOW DARE THEY?!?!?!), but seems to want to 'get along' with the supervisor and her little pets.
Here's the thing: They're all horrible to him.
Short joke after short joke after short joke after short comment after short joke after short comment after short joke. HOW FUCKING TEDIOUS CAN YOU GET?!?!?!
Seriously.
Retail workers know what I'm talking about: If it doesn't ring up, that means it's free, right? Next customer. If it doesn't ring up, that means it's free, right? Next customer. I couldn't find a price, so it's free, right? NEXT...
About the 3rd time it ceases being any sort of 'I see what you did there'...

It just gets boring, Sydney, very very boring...

But because the supervisor goes along with the mean girls, it just keeps getting trotted out and trotted out and trotted out. And you can't SAY anything to the supervisor because she's just going to pass it off as 'Well, they're FRIENDS, and they're my FRIENDS and we're just giving him grief and it doesn't MEAN anything, and it's all in fun, and it's just a joke and relax, why can't you RELAX about this stuff?" and next thing you know, I get told I don't play well with others.
Not funny.
Not enjoyable.
What do you say about ME behind MY back if you're willing to be this much of a douche-canoe to someone's face? AND you pass it off as 'joking'. It's not a joke and it's not funny. It's just simply not funny.
So I realized that about my coworkers. It was couched in the idea of 'Please, Universe, don't make me sit by them, please don't make me sit by them at the new site', but really...
People are awful to each other.
I'm not the most sociable, not by a long shot. Clinically introverted to the point of anti-sociability not the most sociable, but even I can't be this awful.
I really can't.
I don't like a lot of people. I have no respect for them, I have no faith in their actions, I just don't like a lot of people... But I don't deal with them. I go out of my way to NOT deal with the people I don't like.
So being this awful? For me (ME!) To say 'They're awful people', that's a big thing. That's pretty big.

No comments: